wk8 ct dis
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this week’s DVD program, “Application of Psychological Research – Clinical Settings.” Consider the areas of forensic psychology research that are relevant to forensic clinical settings.
- Review the article, “ Actuarial Versus Clinical Assessments of Dangerousness,” in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Pay particular attention to the studies discussed in the article and the key “takeaways” from these studies. Think about how a forensic psychology professional might use the findings of the studies in a forensic clinical setting.
- Using the Walden Library, select and review another study, current or historical, that was conducted in a forensic clinical setting.
- Again, focus on the key “takeaways” of the study you selected and think about how the findings might be used by a forensic psychology professional in forensic clinical settings.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post a brief summary of the study you selected, being sure to include the key findings and any other important “takeaways” of the study. Then, explain how a forensic psychology professional might use the findings in this or another clinical forensic setting.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
Boothby, J. L., & Clements, C. B. (2000). A national survey of correctional psychologists. Criminal Justice and Behavior, 27(6), 716-732.
Homant, R., & Kennedy, D. (1998). Psychological aspects of crime scene profiling. Criminal Justice and Behavior, 25(3), 319–343.