To prepare for this assignment:
- Review the article, “Historical and Personality Correlates to the Violence Patterns of Juveniles Tried as Adults.” Pay particular attention to the assessment instruments/procedures and how they are used to determine violence and associated risk factors.
- Think about how the results reported in this article might be applied in a correctional setting.
- Review the article, “Felony and Violent Recidivism Among Supermax Prison Inmates in Washington State: A Pilot Study.” Pay close attention to the important data and results, and any other key “takeaways” of the study, and consider how the study might be used in a correctional setting.
- Review this week’s DVD program, “Application of Psychological Research – Correctional Settings.” Focus on what makes effective and ineffective criterion measures for analyzing recidivism, violent crime, and institutional adjustment.
- Using the Walden Library, select a research article related to the assessment of violence potential.
- Review the article you selected. Note how the study was conducted, the important data and results, and any other key “ takeaways” of the study.
- Consider how the results of your chosen study might be used to predict the violence potential of someone in a correctional institution or who has been released on parole.
The assignment (1–2 pages):
- Briefly summarize the research article you selected.
- Explain how the potential for violence was assessed and the important data, results, and “key takeaways” from the study.
- Explain how a forensic psychology professional might use the results from this study in a correctional setting.