WEEK5-DISCUSSION-Emerging Threats & Countermeasures
Course: Emerging Threats & Countermeasures
LATE SUBMISSION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY PROF.
Due Date – 2 days
Discussion Question: Wireless Networking
What are the various technologies employed by wireless devices to maximize their use of the available radio frequencies? Also discuss methods used to secure 802.11 wireless networking in your initial thread.
Discussion – 250 words
Chapters 11, 12, 13 and 14 in the course textbook
A. Satapathy and L. M. J. Livingston. (2016). “A Comprehensive Survey of Security Issues and Defense Framework for VoIP Cloud,” in Inidan Journal of Science and Technology, vol 9, no. 6, DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i6/81980
D. B. Rawat, “Fusion of Software Defined Networking, Edge Computing, and Blockchain Technology for Wireless Network Virtualization,” in IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 57, no. 10, pp. 50-55, October 2019.
J. Tioh, D. M. Mina and D. D. W. Jacobson, “Cyber Security Social Engineers An Extensible Teaching Tool for Social Engineering Education and Awareness,” 2019 IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE), Covington, KY, USA, 2019, pp. 1-5.
T. Surasak and S. C. -. Huang, “Enhancing VoIP Security and Efficiency using VPN,” 2019 International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC), Honolulu, HI, USA, 2019, pp. 180-184.
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source (for example, an article from the UC Library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA 7)
- At least one scholarly source should be used in the initial discussion thread. Be sure to use information from your readings and other sources from the UC Library. Use proper citations and references in your post.
Required Books & Resources
Title: (ISC)2 CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide (In Classroom)ISBN: 9781119475958Authors: Mike Chapple, James Michael Stewart, Darril Gibson Publisher: John Wiley & SonsPublication Date: 2018-04-10
“NO PLAGIARISM” Plagiarism includes copying and pasting material from the internet into assignments without properly citing the source of the material.