https://qualityessaysshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/qes-300x60.png 0 0 alex https://qualityessaysshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/qes-300x60.png alex2022-03-04 13:44:582022-03-04 13:44:58Week 4- having a growth mindset
Week 4- having a growth mindset
Do you believe that with effort and skill development you can achieve what you set your mind to? Or, do you believe that you are not in control of your abilities and get discouraged when mistakes are made? This discussion explores the concepts of growth and fixed mindsets as well as the role grit plays in goal achievement.
Before attempting this discussion,
- Read Sections 1.4, 1.5, and the conclusion of Chapter 1 of the textbook.
- Read the webpage article 25 Simple Ways to Develop a Growth Mindset (Links to an external site.).
- Watch Grit, by Angela Duckworth | An Animated Summary | Between the Lines Animations (Links to an external site.).
- Review these common fixed mindset statements:
- Either I’m good at something or I’m not.
- I can’t learn now; it’s too late.
- There’s no point in trying if I’m going to fail.
- I take feedback as a personal attack.
- I always struggle with this task.
- I can’t make this any better; it is what it is.
- I already know everything I need to know.
- I know that I can’t do this.
In your initial discussion forum post,
- Choose one of the common fixed mindset statements listed above, and describe a situation in which either you or someone you know has demonstrated this fixed mindset.
- Identify two strategies from the 25 Simple Ways to Develop a Growth Mindset article, and explain how they could have been applied to the situation you described above.
- Explain the value of having a growth mindset and grit towards achieving goals.
Your initial post should be a minimum of 250 words