Unit 4 Discussions (CTC101) (ACC111) (ENG130) (ENG110)
Unit 4 DB: Study Strengths and Learning Preference (CTC101)
After reviewing this week’s Readings and Resources, be prepared to discuss the following questions:
- How can the habit Begin With the End in Mind benefit your academic motivation?
- What study strategies will most help you improve?
- How do you take advantage of learning styles in a way that will benefit you in your future career in
Unit 4 Discussion (ACC111)
Anne Marie, the owner of Anne’s Beauty Salon, comes to see you again. She tells you that she has one more question for you.
She told you that her accountant tried to explain to her the closing process in the accounting cycle. The more he talked, the more confusing it got. How would you explain the closing process to Anne Marie?
She also asked about dividends. What are they? Will they increase expense?
Unit 4 DB: Finding theme in children’s literature (ENG130)
The definition of Theme is often abridged to “the main idea.” However, Theme is more involved than that. Essentially, a theme is the author’s message–what the author wants to tell his/her readers about people in general. Themes can be supported by many of the story’s components, particularly the characters’ words, actions, and conflicts.Initial response: One of the best ways to analyze theme is to look at it through children’s literature. For this response, think of a children’s story/book and analyze what the theme is. What is the author trying to tell children about life? About people?
- What story are you choosing? If you can find a link to the book or story, please post this.
- Provide a brief summary of the story (be careful about cutting and pasting. Please use your own words)
- What do you feel is the theme of this story and WHY?
- Be sure to include text examples with your response
- End your response by asking a question of your classmates
Unit 4 DB: Expressing the Pro and Con of an Issue (ENG110)
The Unit 4 assignment is going to be focusing on one pro and one con of these issues:
- Climate Change
- Free Health Care
- Employer’s Access to Employee’s Social Media
You are going to use this discussion board to explore these three issues. This exploration will help you with your Unit 4 Assignment.Initial Response:For your initial post, answer the questions below:
- What is one positive aspect (pro) for each of the three issues above?
- And, what is one negative aspect (con) for each of the three issues above?