Social Institutions and Health
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Textbook: Chapters 11, 12, 14
· Minimum of 1 outside scholarly source and the textbook
Initial Post Instructions
For this discussion, we will consider if the social world can be bad for your health and/or if social institutions can improve your health.
For the initial post, examine ways that some of the social institutions studied this week (the family, the educational system, or religions) might affect the health (physical, mental, spiritual) of the people in the institution. Also, consider behaviors, practices, or experiences of specific demographic groups in the United States related to the social institutions studied this week (the family, the educational system, or religions) and examine ways specific demographic groups’ health could be affected positively or negatively.
For the initial post, respond to one of the following options, and label the beginning of your post indicating either Option 1 or Option 2 or Option 3:
· Option 1:What are some effects of family life on health?
· Option 2:How might the educational system in the United States affect the health of American children?
· Option 3: How might health outcomes be affected by religious practices of members of varying religions in the United States? Are there other behaviors, outside of formal religious practice or formal religious ceremonial observances, such as dietary requirements or other behavioral requirements of members of religious institutions in the United States that might affect their health, either directly or indirectly?
· Length: 1 Full Page
· APA format for in-text citations and list of references
· Include citations from at least the assigned textbook/lesson reading and one additional outside scholarly source to support your response.