Power, Politics, and CultureOverviewIn your second assignment, you created a professional development plan using EI building blocks and motivation. In this last assignment, you will examine how politics and power influence an organization and its culture.In business, power and politics greatly influence an organizational culture and may hinder organizational productivity. In your role as consultant, you observed power and politics influence on the corporate culture.InstructionsWrite a 5–7 page report that addresses the following:
- Influence of Politics and Power:
- Explain how politics and power-play may have influenced the organization’s culture.
- Sources of Power:
- Explore at least one source of power and describe how management could use this influence to benefit the department and improve organizational performance.
- Leadership Behavior and Culture:
- Make recommendations that support how the study of power and politics could influence leadership behavior and improve the organization’s culture.
- Leadership Influence:
- Discuss the importance and complexity of leadership behavior in solving the issue you identified. How does it influence organizational structure and performance?
- References and Citations:
- Go to the Strayer University Online Library to locate at least two resources.
- In-text citations are required when paraphrasing or quoting another source.
- Formatting and Writing Standards:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
Confidentiality: Since you will be addressing real issues in real organizations in your assignments, it is important to respect confidentiality. Feel free to use an alias for any company or individuals you might mention in your assignments. Remember that all discussions about these organization should only occur within this course and not be shared with people outside the course.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Analyze the influence of politics, power, and leadership behavior on organizational culture.
Follow writing rubric that has been uploaded
use this information to revise and do not copy and paste
The organization I who issues I will discuss is G4S Security Company. The company is known
nationwide, but I work under the Altria account at Phillip Morris manufacturing plant. The issue I have observed is the lack of professionalism with management throughout the contract. Being unprofessional can be the way you dress, punctually, time off from work, organization skills, communication skills, and their attitude towards the employees. The company expects employees to be professional and respectful to the client, supervisors, and co-workers. But they do not demonstrate those same qualities. The supervisors of this company lack enough skills to provide the best security training services to the employees. Therefore, it has become a task for the organization’s management to evaluate the best candidate.
The primary cause of this issue is associated with inadequate supervisors who select unprofessional security personnel. To obtain the best individuals for the position is to monitor how they perform during training. That is difficult because management lacks the professional skills to recognize and hire qualified employees. Supervisors do not consider the applicants based on their skills in action and not based on a test that makes it hard to find the most qualified applicants.
If professionalism is not exhibited, it can hinder the morale of their employees. Also, it can destroy the lines of communication. Unprofessionalism can cause workers to leave the company,
and employees will start missing work often, and that would require others to do mandatory overtime because of a shortage of workers. The employees lose respect for management because of their lack of loyalty to senior officers and lack of empathy to an officer having personal issues and need time off. If employees are dissatisfied, the company can lose the contract.