APA FORMAT 7TH EDITION
- When conducting research, it is necessary to know the difference between qualitative and quantitative research methods.
This assignment has two parts.
Part 1: Article Analysis
Locate 1 qualitative and 1 quantitative research articles on a topic in your program of study from the University Library. Provide references to the articles you selected.
Write a 700- to 1,400-word analysis about the articles you found that addresses the following questions:
- What characteristics make the study and research methods used quantitative?
- What characteristics make the study and research methods used qualitative?
- What are the major differences between the 2 types of research methods?
- Refer to the Qualitative and Quantitative Terminology document for examples of qualitative or quantitative language that may be used in each article.
Note: Part 1 of this assignment needs to be submitted in a separate document using the APA Student Paper Template. Provide properly formatted citations and references.
Part 2: Research Method Explanation
To apply these research methods to your own study, select a research method (qualitative or quantitative) that you might potentially use to achieve your study purpose.
Write a 200- to 350-word explanation of the research method you selected and why this method appropriately aligns with your problem, purpose, and research question.
Use the Research Outline Template provided in Wk 3 and:
- Add your research method in the Methodology section from Part 1 of this assignment. Include the explanation of why you selected the methodology.
- Revise your problem and purpose statements and the revised RQs from Wk 5.