- Introduction: Introduce the problem that needs to be improved. (25 points)
- Identify a current work related problem that is from one of the (Links to an external site.)Institute of Medicine’s 6 areas of competencies: (Links to an external site.)
- Patient Centered Care, Teamwork and Collaboration, Evidence-Based Practice, Quality Improvement, Safety and Informatics, linked here. (Links to an external site.)
- Review this information at IHI link on a quality improvement model. (Links to an external site.)
- Identify why and what is the process breakdown: Clarify current unit/organizational knowledge of the problem process and any insight on how to improve the situation at hand.
- Quality Improvement (QI) model: Identify and discuss a QI model (choose either Six Sigma or PDSA) to utilize. (25 points)
- Discuss your chosen model.
- Explain the process of implementing change and the importance of an outcome to measure.
- Describe the inter-professional team that you would put together for this process improvement. Who (by title or position) specifically needs to be at the decision-making ‘table?’
- Literature Review for EBP: Identify and analyze evidence found in peer-reviewed literature (i.e. go to e-library to find) that was shown to benefit this problem. (25 points)
- Synthesize a minimum of three (3) scholarly articles from current evidence-based literature findings that assist you in improving the problem.
- Describe how you would plan to implement a QI improvement process.
- Include the outcome to measure improvement.
4. Conclusion. (10 points)
- Summarize your paper with a concluding paragraph.
5. APA (15 points):
- Paper conforms to APA 7th edition format and demonstrates a professional level of scholarship, which means it includes (but is not limited to) items such as:
- Title page in APA 7th edition format, double spaced
- Section headings as emboldened in the instructions above.
- Include introduction and conclusion paragraphs
- Excellent grammar, paragraph and sentence organization with clear flow of thoughts.
- All scholarly content cited. All citations should be listed in the reference list.
- At least three (3) Scholarly references are cited in the paper are in APA format (minimum of three (3) scholarly articles plus textbook as references).
- Include current evidence based practice literature findings that have assisted in improving the process you have identified. (5 years or less.)