(Project) Organelle Pageant
Organelle Beauty Pageant Project Grading: This project is worth 45 points.
- ♦ You must work independently on this assignment and each student will
select their own organelle (no repeats until every organelle has been picked, only then can repeats be selected).
- ♦ You will create a 3-D model using provided materials and any materials that you would like to contribute to your own project
- ♦ You will be uploading a power point presentation to your professor with a picture of your 3D model in it.
- ♦ You will be given 1-2 class periods to work on your assignment. Outside of this, you will be expected to complete any unfinished portion of your assignment on your own time.
What you need to include for full credit:
- 1) Who Am I? (10 points)
- ♦ Organelle Name
- ♦ Location in the cell
- ♦ What type of cell(s) it is found in?
- ♦ Who discovered the organelle?
- ♦ When was it discovered?
- 2) Function of Organelle (9 points)
- ♦ What is its primary purpose in the cell?
- ♦ Does it have any other purposes?
- ♦ Does it create any products?
- 3) Why should this organelle when the beauty pageant, aka why is it the most important organelle in the cell (6 points)
- ♦ What would happen to the cell if this organelle was missing?
- ♦ Why is this organelle the most important organelle in the cell.
4) 3D model of organelle (15 points)
shape. For instance if you wanted your cell to wear a tiara and ball gown for the pageant that’s
fine as long as we can still see the basic structure and tell what organelle it is. ♦ Youmayuseanythingyoulikeforyourmodel;recycledproducts,food,etc.
Presentation (25 points, see above for breakdown) ♦ Power presentation format
3D Representation (15 points)
♦ Create a model demonstrating some of the properties of your organelle. BE CREATIVE, HAVE FUN!
Works Cited (5 points)
♦ MLA format; 2 or more sources (these can be written on the last slide of your presentation).