Peers and Delinquency: Juvenile Gangs and Groups
Compare and contrast the anthropological, the sociocultural, anomie/alienation, the psychological, and the rational choice views of gang formation. Which of these views, which do you think is most relevant today? Identify two ways to assist kids from gang affiliation. What can you suggest to reduce the participation in the gangs?
Please answer the question(s) above fully with no less than 300 word response (80%). You must also reply to at least one student with a minimum of 150 word response (20%). Make sure to use proper grammer and cite any resources utilized. You will not be able to see your classmates posts until your post your original response.
Remember that your post must be at least 300 words and you are required to respond to two classmates with at least a 150 word response.
Make sure to:
- Write a short essay or paragraph of at least 300 words.
- Use concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
- Address all questions.
- Use proper grammar and punctuation.
- All initial discussion post must be support by academic sources even if asked your opinion.
- Do not plagiarize.
- You will not be able to edit your assignment once you post, so please proofread and spell check before hitting post!
- As part of the assignment, you must also reply to TWO of your classmates with at least 150 words. You will have to POST FIRST to see your classmates’ postings. Make sure your replies are a thoughtful and relevant to what your classmate has posted. Try to build the discussion and keep it going.