Final Paper Proposal
For detailed information regarding outlines, introductions, thesis statements, and an APA references list, visit the Ashford Writing Center.
Review the assignment instructions for the Final Paper in Week Five. Submit an outline for your Final Paper that includes the following:
- Develop an introduction with a thesis statement for the Final Paper.
- Create an outline of the major headings with a two- to three-sentence description of what you will discuss under each heading.
- Provide a references page for the sources used in the Final Paper (the Final Paper has a minimum requirement of five scholarly sources).
- State the complete bibliographic citation for the scholarly source following APA guidelines
The outline must be two to three pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined
You are the manager of Acme Fireworks, a fireworks retailer who sells fireworks, puts on ground display fireworks, and large aerial display fireworks. The company started in the owner’s garage two years ago and now has 15 employees that you manage. The company started as a sole proprietorship, and the owner has never changed the entity. The owner has informed you that the company has received inquiries from several large businesses wondering if the company could create several fireworks displays on a regular basis. The owner told the inquirers that the company could fill such display orders, and a price per display was agreed upon. It was discussed that most of the cost for a fireworks display is for skilled labor, insurance, and the actual service of setting off the fireworks. No other details were discussed. The owner is anticipating that new employees will need to be hired, but he is worried that if the large orders for fireworks displays do not continue, the company will not have the funds to pay the new employees. The owner is now considering changing the business entity, but he does not know what entity to form or how to form it.
The owner has asked you to do the following:
- Determine if the contracts with the businesses will be governed by common law or the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), and explain why.
- Analyze whether the owner formed a contract with the businesses, and apply the five essential elements of an enforceable contract.
- Explain the potential personal liability to Acme Fireworks if a spectator is injured by a stray firework from a fireworks display.
- Discuss the different employment types and relationships relevant to agency law, and analyze the advantages and disadvantages of each type specific to Acme Fireworks.
- Explain why Acme Fireworks should not operate as a sole proprietorship. Recommend a new business entity, and provide rationale to support your recommendation.
For each task, be sure to analyze the relevant law, apply the facts to the law, and make a conclusion.