Organizational Culture Change Training
Analyze the principles, types, and stages of change.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You are the Manager of Learning & Development in the Human Resources Department of a publicly traded company. Your organization has just hired a new CEO who wants to change the strategic direction of the company drastically. Such a drastic change means that the culture of the organization will need to change to support the new strategic direction.
As the HR Department prepares to support the new change initiative, you have been directed by the VP of HR to create a training manual for the mid-level managers. This training manual should be designed to help the mid-level managers understand the impact of organizational culture change in the change initiative.
The training manual should be formatted with bulleted points for each topic; discussion prompts, and include the amount of time needed to cover each topic. This training manual should also incorporate an exercise in which mid-level managers would brainstorm behavioral descriptors for each new cultural value and articulate how those would translate into actionable behaviors.
Prepare a training manual that:
- Distinguishes the cultural variables that inhibit or support change.
- Discusses principles of change and how organizational culture develops through the stages of change.
- Details how the organizational culture change can be both radical and incremental to support business strategy.
- Explains the importance of aligning tangible and intangible employee rewards with change efforts.
- Includes an exercise to brainstorm that identifies behavioral descriptors for each new cultural value and articulate how those would translate into actionable behaviors.
- Provides attribution for credible sources used in the training manual