Assignment 1 Organizational Theory and Behavior (2 pages)
Organizational Goal Setting and SMART Analysis
Throughout several units of this course, you will be building toward a comprehensive course project. Each unit will have a different focus, and you will explain how those concepts relate to an organization of your choosing. You may select your employer or an organization that interests you.
For this unit, assume you are in the research and development division of your selected organization. The CEO has directed you to come up with a new product or service that will be delivered to the American or global consumer in the next 12 months. Using your creativity and what you have learned thus far, establish goals and a SMARTER outline by explaining each of your SMARTER characteristics for your product /service over the next year.
In your assignment, address the components listed below.
- Frame your paper with a solid introduction.
- Develop the body of your paper using the SMARTER acronym, and explain each area over a 12-month period. Note: You need to be creative and figure out goals and timelines with the SMARTER framework with specific details. In your explanation, include how the SMARTER acronym can be used to improve performance practices.
- Provide a conclusion and recommendation summary to your CEO.
- Support your paper with at least one reference. This may be your course textbook.
Your assignment must be a minimum of two pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages. All sources used, including the textbook, must be cited and referenced according to APA guidelines.
Assignment 2 international management **Each question should be (200) words response**
1. How did project GLOBE build on and extend Hofstede’s analysis? What unique contributions are associated with project GLOBE?
2. What are some categories of cultural differences that help make one country or region of the world different from another? In each case, describe the value or norm, and explain how it would result in different behavior in two or more countries. If you like, use the countries in this chapter as your point of reference.