Collaborative Technologies and the Internet of Things (IoT) (105 points)
Conduct research and write a paper on either mobile technologies or the Internet of Things (IoT). In your paper, address the following:
- Briefly define the technology (collaborative technologies or IoT technologies).
- How and why are organizations applying this technology? Identify and describe one real-world example.
- What are the benefits of the technology to organizations? For example, does the technology reduce costs?
- How does the technology benefit the organization’s internal and external users?
- What are some challenges or potential problems of the technology to the organization?
- In your opinion, do the benefits outweigh these concerns? Explain.
Your well-written report should be 4-5 pages in length, not including the cover and reference pages. Use APA style academic writing
- Chapter 4: Networks, Collaborative Technology, and the Internet of Things in Information Technology for Management: On-Demand Strategies for Performance, Growth, and Sustainability
- Monteiro, E., & Parmiggiani, E. (2019). Synthetic Knowing: The Politics of the Internet of Things. MIS Quarterly, 43(1), 167–184. https://doi.org/10.25300/MISQ/2019/13799
- Schahram Dustdar, Surya Nepal, & James Joshi. (2019). Introduction to the Special Section on Advances in Internet-based Collaborative Technologies. ACM Transactions on Internet Technology (TOIT) – Special Section on Advances in Internet-Based Collaborative Technologies, 19(3), 1–4.https://doi.org/10.1145/3361071
- Oueis, J., Conan, V., Lavaux, D., Rivano, H., Stanica, R., & Valois, F. (2019). Core network function placement in self-deployable mobile networks. Computer Communications, 133, 12–23.