Prepare an answer to the following questions. Your answer should show a familiarity with the text and topics being covered in the unit and use text, lecture notes, and/or PowerPoint references. Each response should be at least 150 words per question and be free of spelling and grammar errors.
This Unit’s Questions
- For Chapter 8, using the following Sample Leadership Credos, develop your own leadership credo: (from Highlight 8.1)
As a leader, I . . .
. . . believe in the concept of whole persons and will seek to use the full range of talents and abilities of colleagues whenever possible
. . . will seek to keep people fully informed
. . . will more consistently express appreciation to others for a job well done
. . . will take risks in challenging policies or protocol when they do not permit us to effectively serve our customers.
. . . will selectively choose battles to fight—rather than trying to fight all of the possible battles
. . . will actively support those providing the most effective direction for our company. . . . will seek to change the things I can in a positive direction and accept those things I have no chance or opportunity to change.
- For Chapter 9, respond to the following questions:
- What do you find personally satisfying or dissatisfying at work or school?
- For those things you find dissatisfying, how would you make them more satisfying?
- What theory of job satisfaction best explains your actions?