Writing AssignmentTitle: Assignment #1 – Media Violence
Introduction: This assignments enables the student to understand the strain theory.
This assignment fulfills/supports
- Module Outcome: You will be able to explore how recent events have affected how we experience race.
- Course Outcome: You will be able to describe and study historical forces and events that have influenced the intersection of race and ethnicity in the United States.
- General Education Competency
You will be able to communicate effectively using the American Standard English in professional and academic environments.
You will be able to use critical thinking to analyze problems and make logical decisions.
You will be able to demonstrate computer literacy.
Assignment #1 – Media Violence
Given today’s media presentation of examples of racial violence, one might believe this is a new trend. How might the increase of available videos and photos of racial violence distort the current understandings of the history of racial violence in America? How has increased access to technology influenced ways we consume information about racial violence? How does the increased availability of coverage of racial violence influence the modern social construction of race?Develop an essay addressing all of the above questions.
Acceptable Length: 2-3 pagesFormatting Requirements:
- Put your name, course and section number, and assignment title at the top of the document.
- Use one-inch margins.
- Use a 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Use double line spacing in the document.
- Use MLA_Citation_Style