https://qualityessaysshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/qes-300x60.png 0 0 alex https://qualityessaysshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/qes-300x60.png alex2022-03-04 13:06:432022-03-04 13:06:43iRobot Research Paper
iRobot Research Paper
02.02.21 8:00 A.M.
Assignment Headings (5-6 pages)
Introduction And History Of iRobot
- Provide a brief introduction and history of the company with a focus on understanding where it is positioned and what major challenges it faces today?
- By history, I do not mean a chronological re-telling, but crucial points that have made your company distinctive and shaped the way in which your company competes: its organizational capabilities or heritage. (Do not just reiterate the company chronology.)
- For many companies, the original founder still shapes in terms of values and ideas the direction of a company such as Apple did under Steve Jobs.
- Do not spend 2-3 pages reiterating the company history unless is it relevant for the future.
The Mission, Visions, Goals, And Strategies Of The Corporation And Of Its Business Units
- What do they mean in actuality?
- What is the company doing to realize them?
- Who are the major (most powerful) stakeholders in your organization?
Board Of Directors
- Stead & Stead (2014, 233-234) list five functions of a Board of Directors. Who is responsible for these functions at your target organization? How well are they doing?
- … they are responsible for overseeing the strategic direction of the firm.
- They are responsible for auditing the financial performance of their firms, including being responsible for ensuring that the audited financial statements represent a true and accurate picture of the firm. This is essentially their watchdog role.
- They are responsible for the selection and succession of CEOs as well as the determination of CEO pay. If the CEO loses their confidence, they are responsible for replacing him/her.
- They are responsible for assessing risks and developing strategies that mitigate risks.
- They are responsible for ensuring the ethics and legality of the firms’ activities, thus building and preserving repetitional capital
- What specific capabilities does your board of directors bring to the boardroom table? What are they trying to do with their appointments?
- How does the board look through the lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion?
- Include an analysis of company CEO.
- Analyze your executive team. Is it diverse?
- Find statements they have made to the press, interviews, speeches to their shareholders or employees.
- Stead & Stead (2014) argue that leaders should be humble, ethical, spiritual, and have the attitude of a servant. To what degree does the organization’s leadership reflect these attributes?
- According to Stead & Stead (2014) “Successfully implementing SSM requires that strategic managers create and maintain effective sustainability-centered relationships within their firms and among their interconnected plethora of stakeholders (p. 246).” How effective is the organization’s top leadership at creating and maintaining such relationships?
- Describe the overall organizational structure of the company.
- What business units or functional areas does the organization have and how much of their sales (monies) go to each area?
Strategic Evaluation And Control
- Stead & Stead note that “Strategic evaluation and control processes are used to implicitly and explicitly evaluate whether or not a firm’s strategy is achieving its intended results (p. 237).”
- Evaluate your target company’s strategic evaluation and control processes across the Triple Bottom Line: People, Profit, and Planet. For data on People and Profit, your best source will probably be the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility Report, but they may also have a site for sustainability reporting.