I need a discussion relies/ summary on my classmate discussion post
1. Ethnic culture
I am a “Southerner” from deep South Mississippi. An unspoken rule of Southerners is you never meet a stranger. Most everyone in the south is friendly and greets everyone with a “hey”.
2. Social group
I am a member of Coaltown Baptist Church. An unspoken rule is that when ever you have a baby, get sick, get married, have a death in the family, we all cook for you. Meal after meal will arrive to help you out.
3. Recreational group
I am a member of Empower Fitness. We have an unwritten rule that you always encourage your team and never give up.
4. (Optional—other group).
I am a member of the Forrest General Hospital “7T Crew” as we call ourselves. We are a FAMILY of nurses, techs, secretaries etc. Our unwritten rule is you never leave another behind. We ALWAYS walk out together after a long hard day or and easy day.
Who socialized you into each culture you listed?
- I was born a southerner although I lived in Pennsylvania for many years, I ended up back in the south.
- I was raised in church and have always been affiliated with a church.
- My best friend invited me into this group and I have enjoyed it ever since.
What culture/s have you been a part of, and are not now? (Name at least one, and more if you can.)
- The culture of being a school teacher.
- The culture of being a stay at home mom.
- The culture of being a cheerleader