assessment consist of writing an individual Reflective Article how the New Normal is impacting the Hospitality and Tourism Industry.
Each student will have to write a Minimum of 1500 to a Maximum 2000 Words (more or less 10%)..
• Each student is expected to write an individually a Reflective Essay Article on “How the New Normal (post Covid) is reshaping the Hospitality Industry”.
• Each student must choose one of the topics below and develop it accordingly from the guided instructions:
1. Hotels F&B activities (Bars, Room Service, Restaurants, Banqueting, …)
2. Noncommercial F&B activities (Schools, Hospitals, Prison, Company Cafeteria)
3. Budget hotel rooms activities (Front office & Housekeeping, …)
4. Upper scale and luxury hotel rooms activities (Front office & Housekeeping, concierge service, …)
5. Health, wellness and Spa activities
6. MICE activities
7. Cruise-line activities
8. Airline and rail catering activities
9. Casino, discotheque and club activities
10. Recreation activities (entertainment parc, cinema, museum, …) The article will have to take in consideration and also develop within their chosen topic article, how the New normal is impacting the management, human resources and marketing activities (you also need to think to the potential answer solutions)
• Each student should critically and carefully elaborate his/her reflective article dissertation on the selected topic. First, he/she will have to support his/her argumentations based on the research of relevant reading and video materials. Secondly, he/she will have to analyze the situation and identify the pros and con of the post-Covid impacts on the selected hospitality topic. Thirdly, he/she will have to come with his/her own understanding and conclusion of what will be the New Normal trends within the selected topic.
• Students are encouraged to use infographic and pictures to illustrate their ideas.
• Students are expected to list a minimum of 8 references (references should follow Harvard Referencing) that helped them to support their answers.
• All written assignment should follow good writing standards (Arial or Helvetica font 11 – spacing 1 to 1.5), be spell checked and logically structured to guide the reader.