Write two essays which address each question with at least 500 words each.
Chapter 17: Europe during the Enlightenment
- Define Enlightenment. Identify the key concerns of the Enlightenment. Discuss the varieties of Enlightenment thoughts; not all Enlightened thinkers agreed, not all accepted the same premises, not all were the same.
- Discuss how the Enlightened thinkers attempted to apply the techniques of the scientific revolution to human political and social organizations.
Chapter 18: The French Revolution
- In what ways does the French Revolution signify the onset of the modern world? What is the legacy of the Revolution?
- What is the connection between the French Revolution and nineteenth-century ideologies like liberalism, conservatism, socialism, communism, and nationalism
You will be graded on:
- Did you follow the course guidelines for formatting your paper?
- Did you follow the 5-paragraph essay guidelines shown below?
- Do you have a thesis statement? Is it clearly worded, and concise?
- Have you included course material/specifics to support your argument/position/answer?
- Does your argument have depth? Or is your argument shallow and elementary?
- Collegiate-level Writing
- Have you checked your essays for grammar errors?
- Have you proof-read your paper?
- Is the material you have included in your essay(s) accurate?
- Have you used material from the appropriate time-period?
- Have you used Chicago style footnotes to document your sources?
- Have you included a sufficient number of footnotes?
- There should be a minimum of 1 footnote for every paragraph (with the exception of the conclusion.)
Western Civilizations (Brief Fifth Edition) (Vol. Volume 2)
By: Joshua Cole; Carol Symes
- Publisher: W. W. Norton & Company
- Print ISBN: 9780393419023, 0393419029
Print ISBN: 9780393419023, 0393419029
- eText ISBN: 9780393428841, 0393428842
eText ISBN: 9780393428841, 0393428842
- Edition: 5th