For this assignment, you will share a paragraph about yourself with the class, using the structure of the famous “Humans of New York” blog posts. (Visit this web page for examples https://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/best-humans-of-new-york-stories-12310). You will read “Humans of New York” (HONY) posts, and then draft and revise a HONY Paragraph in a Word doc.You will use MLA formatting, identify and correct writing errors, and reflect on the writing process. This assignment will allow you to communicate about yourself through words and visual media and focus on writing around a main idea.Assignment Instructions:In your paragraph, answer one of the following prompts:
- Describe one of your best days.
- If you could give one piece of advice, what would it be?
- Who do you admire most?
- What gives your life meaning?
- What was one of your saddest moments?
- What is your greatest joy?
- What is your greatest regret?
Your paper must adhere to the following guidelines:
- 200-250 words
- Double-spaced, 1-inch margins, Times New Roman or Calibri, 12-point font
- MLA format for heading (See video in Module 1 Learning Resources to learn about MLA)
- Include either a personal photo or insert a photo from Creative Commons (See the video in the Module 1 Learning Resources folder for instructions.)
- Use complete sentences, correct punctuation, grammar, and mechanics
Once you finish your draft of the HONY Paragraph, submit it here to Tutor.com. Remember to select “Submit a Paper for Review,” answer the questions, and upload your essay to the Tutor.com website.If you have questions, email your instructor.