Fundamental Concepts for Community Health
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
- Mauer, F.A. & Smith, C. M. (2013).
- Chapters 7-9 & 30
- The Healthcare System of the United States (7:35)
Healthcare Triage. (2014, February 17). The healthcare system of the United States [Video]. https://youtu.be/yN-MkRcOJjY
The Healthcare System of the United States (Links to an external site.)
Online Materials & Resources
- Explore your state’s Department of Community Health website.
- Explore your community’s Health Department website.
Individual Rights & Vaccination Policy
School board trustees are requesting public comment before they vote on a vaccination policy for all children in a local school district. Should individual rights (e.g., parents’ rights to decide whether to vaccinate their children) be compromised to control the spread of communicable diseases for the good of society?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.