This week, you will find peer-reviewed scholarly research studies: one should be a mixed methods study, and the others can be either quantitative or qualitative or both. Use the note-taking worksheet in the books and resources section of this week for each of the articles you find in the NCU Library.
Using the note-taking worksheet provided in the books and resources section, find the elements of research to fill in the table. In addition, make sure you use proper APA citation, form, and style. These elements are listed in the worksheet—but understand you may at first have difficulty finding them, so feel free to use the checklist elements discussed in this week’s content when reading the articles.
- What is the type of study?
- What is the purpose of the study?
- What is the population and sample size?
- What research design is being used?
- What is the method(s) of data collection and data analysis?
- What are the results of the data analysis?
- How do the results of data analysis relate to the findings?
- What are the conclusions?
- How does the study relate to similar research?
The information you include in your note-taking worksheet can be brief, in the form of notes. Any time you enter information that is a direct quote from the original source, be sure to enclose that information in quotation marks so you can cite it correctly in your paper and include a page reference. Failure to correctly cite can lead to a violation of academic integrity. Such violations are recorded in your student record and can have serious consequences, including dismissal from your program.
Length: 3-4 pages, or however long you need to summarize your scholarly articles
References: Include a minimum of 3 peer-reviewed scholarly resources
Books and Resources for this Week