Deliverable 2 – Environmental Issue Presentation
Analyze the root causes, effects, and solutions of environmental problems
You are an environmental lobbyist who has been asked to make a presentation to your state’s legislature. You will gather data about a local or regional environmental issue unique to your area or home state and prepare a PowerPoint Presentation. You may focus on any environmental issue, but the area of focus must be in your local area or home state. The environmental issue may be related to land, water, or air.
Choose a Superfund website that is registered with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). You can use this search engine to find a Superfund site in your state. Each assignment leading up to the final assignment is evaluated and graded independently. Your instructor will provide specific grading criteria for each step of the project prior to its due date.The Superfund website will have information about contaminated areas, how they became contaminated, and who is responsible for the contamination, as well as clean-up plans for the contamination.
Your PowerPoint Presentation should include:
- Your voiceover narration using Screencast-O-Matic for each slide as well as references in APA format
- The issue (background information from the website, contamination, clean-up)
- The major players and stakeholders involved (the people who created the problem, the people who can fix the problem, and the people who are most impacted by the problem)
- Possible controversies (differences in opinion about the issue)
- Impact of this environmental issue to the surrounding environment (nearby rivers, streams, farmland, animal habitats, etc.)