1. what do each of these terms refer to: copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret?
2. Why is intellectual property entitled to legal protection?
3. Why did copyright laws become stricter and more punishing in the late 20th century?
4. What is the Fair Use doctrine?
5. Make an argument for legalizing the copying of music or software.
6. Do I or don’t I own the books on my Kindle? If I own them, why can’t I transfer them? If I don’t own them, what is my legal right to them?
7. What was the 1984 Sony Supreme Court case about?
8. Was Napster responsible for the actions of its users?
9. Why did the court find in favor of Diamond in the Rio case?
10. What is Digital Rights Management?
Watch the Movie War Games from 1983. According to the New York Times, this movie had a tremendous effect on President Ronald Reagan. Discuss in 500 words your opinion on whether it should be required viewing in social studies classes in high school. Do not repeat the story. Discuss it’s use
Do a bit of research on JSON and AJAX.
How do they relate to the the Same-Origin policy?
Using WORD, write several short paragraphs on each. A total of 200-300 words.
Use the Web to search for methods to prevent XSS attacks.
Write a brief description of more than one method.
Use your own words and supply references.