Course Project Essay Healthcare
This Course Project gives you the opportunity to select a problem that currently exists in our healthcare system and analyze its implications on our healthcare system. The Research Paper should critically analyze the issues related to the topic and identify key strategies for improvement. In order to meet the project requirements, it is important to identify an issue or problem within the healthcare system. Please analyze and review the grading rubric to understand why this is important.
Research Paper: The length of the Research Paper should be approximately five to seven pages, double-spaced in MS Word and include a minimum of six references in APA format.
Possible Course Project Topics
- Describe the problems in the U.S. healthcare system and how we might use another nation’s healthcare system for reform. Evaluate how a new system would improve access to care, quality of care, and the efficient utilization of resources.
- Choose one particular form of complementary (nontraditional, alternative) medicine and explain why it may not be accepted by insurance providers or reimbursed by insurance companies. Describe its clinical approach and effectiveness, evaluate its economic impact, and review its potential for mainstream use, including future licensing and third-party reimbursement.
- Critically evaluate the readiness and the effectiveness of the U.S. Healthcare Delivery System in responding to a widespread bioterrorism event. Propose changes as appropriate to your analysis.
- Critically evaluate the use of technology in healthcare and the challenges it presents in healthcare delivery. Offer specific examples or situations addressing technology’s contributions to improving the quality of health and healthcare. Consider the impact on healthcare costs and analyze trade-offs.
- Describe the problem of medical errors in our delivery system. Evaluate the effectiveness of selected programs aimed at reducing medical errors in the U.S. healthcare system. Discuss one or more of the most effective measures identified to date and make recommendations for additional action.
Research Paper Grading Rubric
- Introduce the issue.
- Define the problem.
- Search the literature.
- Analyze the problem.
- Offer possible solutions.
- Propose a single solution.
- Develop an implementation plan.
- Justify why and how if your solution will solve the identified problem.