CLA 2 Paper & CLA 2 PPT – Managerial Accounting
Question for CLA 2 Paper:
- Provide general discussion on predetermined variable overhead criterion and its possible dependence on the activity for which it is used. Provide a variable costing income statement in which variable overhead is divided among different activities, and that each activity has its own predetermined variable overhead criterion. Explain your example in detail and provide in-text citations.
- The following is a partially completed lower section of a departmental expense allocation for Cozy Bookstore. It reports the total amounts of direct and indirect expenses allocated to its five departments. Allocate the expenses of the two service departments (advertising and purchasing) to the three operating departments and provide the complete income statement.
Advertising and purchasing department expenses are allocated to operating departments on the basis of dollar sales and purchase orders, respectively. Information about the allocation bases for the three operating departments follows.
- Phoenix Company’s 2019 master budget included the following fixed budget report. It is based on an expected production and sales volume of 15,000 units.
- Classify all items listed in the fixed budget as variable or fixed. Also determine their amounts per unit or their amounts for the year, as appropriate.
- Identify the unit variable costs in the format of variable costing, according to your findings in part a
- Organize a template for variable costing income statements in which the sales volume is a variable. Test your template for 15,000 units sales volume to see if you get the same income as stated above
- Find the breakeven point and provide the income statement at break even
- Provide income statement at sales volume 12,000, 14,000, 16,000, and 18,000
Please explain your work in detail and provide in-text citations. Include the initial situation and the initial assumptions in your answers. At least 6 references are required among which one should be the textbook as source of the data.
*Please refer to the Grading Criteria for Comprehensive Learning Assessments (CLAs) in the University Policies for specific guidelines and expectations.
Question for CLA 2 PPT:
In addition to your CLA2 report, please prepare a professional PowerPoint presentation summarizing your findings for CLA2. The presentation will consist of your major findings, analysis, and recommendations in a concise presentation of 15 slides (minimum). You should use content from your CLA2 report as material for your PowerPoint presentation. In addition, you should include learning outcomes from all your major assignments. This would include PA1, CLA1, PA2, and of course, CLA2 (unless otherwise specified by your Professor). An agenda, executive summary, and references slides should also be included.
Requirement for CLA 2 Paper:
1. At least 6 pages of the written part. (Excluding the calculations and hypothetical examples)
2. Paper needs to be formatted in APA 7th edition
3. Include the initial situation and the initial assumptions in your answers
4. At least 6 references are required among which one should be the textbook as source of data. (Recommend to find the articles from proquest.)
5. Needs to do the calculations on excel first, and then copy the data to the word as the part of paper.
6. Need to include introduction and conclusion.
7. Please find the guide of first question for CLA 2 paper in the attached.
8. Please find the class PPTs and Textbook in the attachment.
Requirement for PPT:
1. Create 15 slides PPT based on the material you write on the CLA2 paper.
2. Please add the scripts of the presentation in the speaker note section of PPT.
3.Time Length: 8 minuets
4. Need to include in-text citations and reference page.
5. Include calculations and tables with the explanation.
6. Do not put too much words on the slides. The slides should looks simple and clear with main points. (Please write the script of the presentation on the speaker’s note section)