BUS 637 WEEK 5 ASSIGNMENT
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read chapters 4 and 6 and watch the following video McDonald’s Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning (Links to an external site.).
Create an assignment focused on segmenting, targeting, and positioning. The assignment evaluates a formal approach to segmenting, targeting, and positioning as a foundational marketing activity, compared to an informal approach that combines a small business launch along with a feedback loop focused on segmenting, targeting, and positioning.
Before creating your assignment, do the following:
- Execute the Chapter 4 Mini Sim on segmentation, targeting, and positioning through the link, MyLab Entrepreneurship All Assignments. Click on “Week 5 – Assignment” to complete the Chapter 4 Mini Sim in MyLab.
A formal approach to segmenting, targeting, and positioning is structured and takes time, money, and staff to execute. A more informal approach to the process requires a general view of the market that is developed concurrent with the business launch. Effectively, the entrepreneur manages a feedback loop concurrent with business activities and tunes segmenting, targeting, and positioning activities as the business progresses.
In your paper,
- Identify resources the entrepreneur requires to effect formal segmenting, targeting, and positioning.
- Reflect on resources the entrepreneur requires to effect informal segmenting, targeting, and positioning.
- Evaluate approaches that resonate and addresses why they resonate.
The Segmenting, Targeting, and Positioning paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.