Paper Section 1: Reflection and Literature Review
Using Microsoft Word and Professional APA format, prepare a professional written paper supported with three sources of research that details what you have learned from chapters 7, 8, 9, and 10. This section of the paper should be a minimum of two pages.
Paper Section 2: Applied Learning Exercises
In this section of the professional paper, apply what you have learned from chapters 7, 8, 9, and 10 to descriptively address and answer the problems below. Important Note: Dot not type the actual written problems within the paper itself.
- Survey and compare and possibly test some text mining tools and vendors. Start with clearforest.com and megaputer.com. Also consult with dmreview.com to further identify some text mining products to explore and even test?
- Survey and compare and possibly test some Web mining tools and vendors. Identify some Web mining products and service providers that could potentially be useful in a work environment you may want to be part of.
- Investigate via a Web search how models and their solutions are used by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in the “war against terrorism.” Also investigate how other governments or government agencies are using models in their missions.
- Search online to find vendors of genetic algorithms and investigate the business applications of their products and even possibly test them where applicable. What kinds of applications are most prevalent and why?
- Important Note: With limited time for a college class, perfection is not expected but effort to be exposed to various tools with attempts to learn about them is critical when considering a career in information technology associated disciplines.
Important Note: There is no specific page requirement for this section of the paper but make sure any content provided fully addresses each problem.
Paper Section 3: Conclusions
After addressing the problems, conclude your paper with details on how you will use this knowledge and skills to support your professional and or academic goals. This section of the paper should be around one page including a custom and original process flow or flow diagram to visually represent how you will apply this knowledge going forward. This customized and original flow process flow or flow diagram can be created using the “Smart Art” tools in Microsoft Word.
Paper Section 4: APA Reference Page
The three or more sources of research used to support this overall paper should be included in proper APA format in the final section of the paper.