PART 2: RESEARCH ESSAY
Using the UMGC library and the Internet to ﬁnd scholarly and credible information on your topic, you are to write an essay that summarizes what the social science literature says about your topic.
Your essay should be about 1500 words and follow APA style (7th edition). Be sure to use in-text citations and include a reference list.
Copy and paste your case study at the beginning of your document to provide the context for your research essay. (This will not count towards your word total.)
Your essay should be written in your own words and you should always cite any ideas that come from another source. Do not use quotations or copy verbatim from another author.
Your essay will be graded according to the following components:
- Statement of the Problem: A statement of the key issues that must be explored in order to resolve your case study.
- Incorporation of research ﬁndings from at least 10 credible sources published within the past 10 years. These ﬁndings will be used to support a parenting action plan. At least 5 of these sources must be scholarly. At least 3 of the sources must have been published within the last 2 years.
- Correct use of in-text citations and reference list (using APA 7 edition).
- Use of APA 7 edition format (1” margins, standard font, double spacing, page numbers, etc.).
- Demonstration of strong writing skills.
Submit your essay to the assignments folder and run the paper through Turnitin.com (You can do this from within the assignments folder. No need to use a separate account). If you submit your work before the deadline, you can use the Turnitin report to evaluate whether your paper requires additional editing.