I have three discussion and one assignment
all discussion should be 150 original initial post and two replies of 50-60 words each and one assignment is 150 words only.
Consider the issue of man-made threats in the United States. Have some fun with this discussion post this week, and think about the various threats discussed this week. Please describe which threat you think is the most likely to happen in terms of contributing to, or causing our zombie outbreak. Do you think it would be an intentional or unintentional event, and why? Justify your response with details using the lecture slides, websites, videos, and readings. Please response to a single classmate’s response as well.
Define what is meant by the term “built environment”. From the assigned reading or videos, select one illustrated case study in the built environment that demonstrates best practices to promote population health. Describe the built environment structural features along with access to health promoting resources and discuss how the built environment modification in the community exemplifies principles for building healthy places.
Review the assigned readings on injuries in the textbook (Jacobsen, 2019) and the GBD Compare Viz Hub website (IHME, 2018).
- Use the interactive IMHE display to identify the leading cause of death in 2017 in a given country of your choice (different from U.S.) in terms of injuries (hint: the color green – lower right corner – denotes causes in the injury category)? Be sure to select “Deaths” (not YLDs or DALYs or YLDs) as the Measure. Therefore, select “All” as the Age, and then: a) “Both” as the Sex in the “Settings.”
- Write in a paragraph form a) the country chosen and most lethal inquiry b) at least one important fact from the other assigned readings about the burden of this specific type of injury, c) one intervention recommended for reducing the number of deaths.
Responses should be approximately 150-300 words. Include at least two different in-text reference citations. In-text reference citations e.g., (Author, Date) should be used for attribution when summarizing content (see the guidance provided in the Additional Resources folder on the course home page). A full reference citation is not required for this assignment.
Module 13 Discussion
- View the scenario presented in the document titled “Module 13 Activity (Scenario)” which describes a suspected community outbreak of gastroenteritis.
- Discuss the scenario with your assigned group. Consider the various aspects of collecting information and conducting analyses in order to identify the source of the outbreak, including those aspects posed in the questions outlined in the document. Suggest and calculate statistical measures and discuss their interpretations. You must provide at least one substantive group discussion post by Thursday at 11:59PM ET.
- Then, suggest and discuss potential recommendations you think should be made to your health commissioner based on the information provided. You must provide at least one additional group discussion post by Sunday at 11:59PM E